Tuesday 28 August 2018

Our pockets not picked in Paris

This is a true story. The events described took place in Paris in 2018 and are narrated by The Man. Occasionally he thinks he's in a Philip Marlowe novel, so the style of the post is a little different to usual.

Gare du Nord

It was about eleven o'clock in the morning, mid August, with the queues not moving and a look of resignation on the face of The Dame. I was wearing my navy-blue long shorts with leg pockets, white polo shirt, black sandals and no socks. I was cool, clean, bearded and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. I was everything the well-dressed traveler ought to be. I was crossing the City of Lights...

Read More...

You can read the whole story on the author's blog at Cabbie Monaco: Our Pockets Not Picked in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment